Skip to main content

Week 2 Reflection

Week 2 Reflection

What I Learned


This week we discussed the importance of documentation as well as the different types. Documentation includes a piece of the student’s work, however the type and purpose depends on the audience that the teacher is showing the documentation. Though documentation may be used to track student’s development, it can also be used for students to self assess or as an aid to talk to faculty or families about what you are doing in the classroom.


Observation Techniques


Different observation techniques have different purposes. I would use a checklist to assess skills or traits that are determined on a yes or no basis because it is not a detailed form or observation. I would use anecdotal records to document certain events. Time sampling would be beneficial to use in a classroom to track frequency of behavior. Event sampling would be useful in  a classroom to identify behavioral causes and consequences. A running record would help monitor sequences of behaviors. It is important to keep all the observations factual so there does not appear to be any subjective opinions or bias when these observations are used to make decisions.


Analytic rubric


Analytic rubrics break down characteristics of an assignment into parts. I would use an analytic rubric in order to give students a clearer picture of what score they got as well as why they got the score that they got. These rubrics are difficult because they require a lot of time and thought to create. I will practice creating an analytic rubric by basing its content on appropriate grade level standards and goals. I will also make sure the rubric is clear and concise to make sure the directions can be easily understood. Additionally, I will frame by rubric to bring attention to the main goals of the assignment.

Comments

  1. Hi Sierra! I really enjoyed reading your blog. You included lots of great information and it was organized well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sierra, I really liked how you discussed what an analytic rubric is and how you will use it in your future classroom! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree I also discussed how checklist could be used to track development. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment