Week 6 Blog Reflection
Learning Reflection
Assessment
I learned how to extend my assessment activities that I was putting in my lesson plan. For example, I was typically using an exit ticket or a worksheet as the assessment piece of my lesson but I learned that I could also use a variety of others such as projects, student-teacher interviews, a checklist or a “think-pair-share” question.
Backward Design
Identify Desired Results (Big Ideas and Skills)
Determine Acceptable Evidence (Culminating Assessment Task)
Plan Learning Experiences and Instruction (Learning Events)
Standard Alignment
Step 1: Start with the Standards
Step 2: Create an Objective
Step 3: Creating the Assessment
It is very important that there is alignment between the standards, objectives, instructional activities and assessment. This ensures not only that the students can successfully complete the assessment after doing the activity or participating in other instructional methods, but also that what they are learning and being assessed on matches the grade-level appropriate goals that are outlined in the standards.
Learning Objectives
Learning objectives must clearly outline the behavior and outcome expected from a lesson. For learning objectives to be most effective, they must include observable and measurable action verbs, be relevant to curriculum standards, be developmentally appropriate for the age and or background of all students, and promote learning across cognitive, effective and psycho motor domains.
DAP
DAP stands for developmentally appropriate practice. This means meeting children where they are but also enabling them to reach challenging and achievable goals. In order to ensure that teachers are teaching developmentally appropriate practices, they should adhere to grade level standards, but also regularly assess students to determine their current skill level as well as their knowledge of the content.
Hi Sierra I loved all the examples of assessment that you included especially student teacher interviews, I haven't heard of that before and I would love to use that in my classroom!
ReplyDeleteHey Sierra! I like how you created a clear expectation of what the objectives in lesson plans should be. Your layout is also very clear and easy to navigate. Great job!
ReplyDeleteHi Sierra. I liked your inclusion of backwards design very different. And the terms DAP and learning objective that were explored further. Nice work!
ReplyDelete